Sun, Nov 03|
Bloom Integrative Health & Movement
The Perinatal Pelvic Floor For Birth Professionals
This 3 hr workshop is designed for care providers working with the perinatal population including Doula's, Midwives, Massage Therapists, fitness pros & aims to enhance understanding & integration of anatomy, breath, core, pelvic floor work (more than just kegels), and more. ONLINE OPTION COMING SOON
Time & Location
Nov 03, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Bloom Integrative Health & Movement , 200-1704 Carling Ave, Ottawa, ON K2A 1C7, Canada
About The Event
This 3 hour workshop is designed for care providers working with the perinatal population including Doula's, Midwives, Physiotherapist & Registered Massage Therapists, Registered Nurses, Kinesiologists and Personal Trainers, and the like.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the functional anatomy of the pelvic floor and it’s relevant connections related to pregnancy, labour & delivery, and post-partum including common conditions
- Understand the impact of breath, posture, and positioning on pelvic floor/ core function, relaxation and strength
- Understand the core, diastasis recti, how it relates to pelvic floor and what to do to help
- Understand the difference between various pregnancy belts
- Personalize and provide relevant education materials to clients including activity guidelines, normal healing times, treatment options available, when to seek care, and more.
Take Aways: Improved understanding and integration through experiential learning of anatomy, breath, and pelvic floor work (including kegels and reverse kegels), variety of educational handouts for clients.
Investment: $100 +HST ($113.00 total); Early bird $85+ HST (until September 30th, 2019)Payment is taken by E-mail transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE LEARNING OPTION COMING SOON. If you would like to host this workshop in your neighbourhood, please contact Andrea directly.