Physio & Yoga
Tue, Jan 28|
Bloom Integrative Health and Movement Ce
Hypopressives: For Abdominal & Pelvic Health
LED BY KERRI MORRISON-MCCABE, PHYSIOTHERAPIST ASSISTANT & PERSONAL TRAINER
Time & Location
Jan 28, 2020, 6:15 p.m. – Mar 03, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
Bloom Integrative Health and Movement Ce, 1704 Carling Ave Suite 200, Ottawa, ON K2A 1C7, Canada
About The Event
Weekly on Thursdays
Originally developed in Spain and fairly new to North America, Hypopressives trains the body as a unit using postural and respiratory tasks, focusing on myofascial stretching, diaphragm mobilization and core stabilization while avoiding excessive demands of increased intra-abdominal pressure. The technique targets the deep core musculature and its synergistic function, while assisting to redistribute pressures of the thorax, abdominal, and pelvic cavities. Hypopressives require no equipment and are easily integrated into a home practice.
A few of the benefits in the practice include:
- enhances posture
- prevents all types of herniation
- regulates or improves respiratory parameters
- prevents or reduces symptoms of urinary incontinence
- improves management of intra-abdominal and pelvic pressures, including diastasis recti (DRA)
- prevents musculoskeletal injuries through better alignment
- improves lumbo -pelvic stabilization
- enhances quality of life and well being
6 class series; 5 people max Classes may be covered by extended health insurance plans under Physiotherapy if you are currently under active care. For all outside patients, please have your referring Physio complete the form below.